CALL US (212) 223 2235
422 Madison Ave. 3rd floor, New York, NY 10017
MicroLaser Peel New York *
Laser skin resurfacing
March Special - $599/treatment*-deep or $399-mild resurfacing. New clients only
Superficial Skin Resurfacing- MicroLaserPeel®
Great results with minimal downtime
What conditions can be treated with MicroLaserPeel?*
What is MicroLaserPeel?
A MicroLaserPeel removes a thin layer of damaged skin to improve texture and provide a more youthful appearance. It provides superior results because it can be administered with great precision of depth. The procedure is performed in Dr. Yagudin’s office and can be custom tailored to your specific skin conditions and desired outcome. *
How does MicroLaserPeel works?
The MicroLaserPeel beam is scanned over a treatment area to remove a very thin layer of the skin. Removing the top layer eliminates some of the damaged cells that can give skin a tired, aged look. As the skin heals, fresh cells grow and resurface the treated area. The results are healthier-looking skin, often with reduced wrinkles and improved color evenness. Patients often say that it looks like their skin went from looking tired to vibrant.*
What areas of the body can be treated?
Most skin areas can be treated. Popular treatment areas are the face and neck, though some people also treat the chest and hands. You should discuss your needs with Dr. Yagudin.*
How many treatments will I need?
Excellent results can be obtained in just one treatment however the number of treatments needed many vary from patient to patient. Dr. Yagudin can personalize a plan based on your specific needs and may chose to combine MicroLaserPeel with other aesthetic procedures to further personalize your treatment.*
What will happen during the procedure?
Your skin will be cleaned in the treatment area and your eyes will be protected with safe shields. Dr. Yagudin will position the laser handpiece above the skin and will hold it in place as the computer-guided scanner moves the laser beam around the treatment area. Depending on the size of the area being treated, the procedure usually lasts 15 to 30 minutes.*
Will it be uncomfortable?
One of the primary advantages of MicroLaserPeel is that it causes little pain because it does not penetrate very deep into the skin. At its most shallow settings, most people can tolerate treatment with no anesthetic at all. At deeper settings, a topical numbing cream is typically used.*
What should I expect immediately after the treatment?
Immediately after the treatment you will notice that the skin has a “frosty” appearance. This is the dehydrated skin that will peel away within next few days following the treatment. You may experience some skin redness and a sensation resembling sunburn, as well as mild swelling.*
How long will it take to recover?
Depending on the depth of the treatment, most patients feel comfortable enough to return to work within 3 to 4 days- an attribute that given rise to the nickname “the weekend peel.”
What aftercare do I need?
You may be given skin care products and instructions on how to use them. Your skin will be sensitive to ultraviolet light after the procedure, so you must avoid direct sun exposure until fully healed. It is recommended that you always use some level of solar protection to avoid sun damage and premature aging of your skin.*
When should I expect results?
Because only the outer layer of the skin is treated, most patients notice an obvious improvement in tone, texture and color evenness once the skin heals in approximately 3-4 days.*
PREOPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS FOR MICROLASER PEEL*
1. Report to my office if you should develop a cold, fever, or develop open sores or blisters prior to the appointment.
2. Use no products containing aspirin for ten days prior to appointment and two weeks after. Tylenol or Ibuprofen (Advil, Nuprin, or Motrin) is OK. You must inform us about medications you are taking before starting, and at each subsequent laser treatment. Some medications are contraindicated, and must be discontinued before treatment.
3. Discontinue the use of Retin-A, Glycolic, or Alpha Hydroxy Acid skin care products 24 hours prior to your scheduled facial laser treatment.
4. Take Vitamin C (500 mg): One tablet in the a.m. and one tablet in the p.m. for five days prior to surgery and for 10 days after. This helps to control bruising and promote healing.
5. Wear comfortable clothes on the day of your treatment. Do not wear clothing, which must be pulled over your head.
6. DO NOT wear makeup, creams or have moisturizer on your face when arriving for facial treatments.
7. If you are applying a topical anesthetic to the area to be treated by the laser: apply a thin amount (approximately dime-sized thickness) to the entire area a minimum of 1 hour before your appointment time. Prior to the topical anesthetic application: clean the area – no make-up, lotion, etc. to the area to be treated.
8. No smoking of nicotine products a minimum of 2 weeks before the treatment. If you do smoke, please be aware that smoking increases the risk for poor wound healing and may delay your healing process.
9. Please remove your contact lenses the day of the treatment.
10. If you will be taking pain medication and a relaxant prior to the procedure, please make arrangements for someone to drive you to the office and take you home. You may not drive yourself home.
11. Medication note: Please start the anti-viral medication – Valtrex 500mg, one tablet twice a day, the day before the laser procedure and continue as prescribed.
12. Avoid vigorous aerobic exercise until all raw or dry areas are healed and red facial flushing is at a minimum.
13. No hot tub, sauna or soaking until any scabs, and dry or raw areas are healed.
POST PEEL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROLASER PEEL*
Anticipated Reactions Post MicroLaser Peel™
You will feel sunburn like sensation right after procedure that wears off within few hours to a day.
Some swelling will occur.
Swelling varies according to the depth of the peel and the degree of skin laxity.
Skin will feel tight.
Skin may or may not peel depending on the depth of the treatment.
Complete healing should occur in an average or 5-10 days, depending on depth of the treatment.
Some residual redness of the treated skin may persist up to a month
Occasional itching may occur. Take Benadryl as needed for itching.
A mild degree of oozing may occur. To Aid in Optimal Results and Healing
Cleanse 3-4 times daily with a gentle cleanser, like Cetaphil gentle cleanser, then apply Petrolatum ointment ( Aquaphor healing ointment) over the treated area as advised by your physician ( for an average 3-4 days after treatment) after that you can switch Petrolatum ointment to Cetaphil moisturizer.
Avoid sun exposure and the use of sunscreens until healing has occurred (first 3-4 days).
Wear protective clothing, hat and sunglasses.
Avoid the use of extreme facial expressions.
DO NOT PICK, RUB, OR FORCE OFF ANY SKIN DURING THE HEALING PROCESS. TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN SCARRING AND INFECTION!
Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating until your skin heals (usually first 3-4 days)
Do not allow shampoo to run into treated areas while bathing or showering.
Sleep on your back with head elevated when possible.
Do not wear makeup while skin is healing.
Take all of your Valtrex prescription.
Notify your Doctor if:
You experience extreme pain, redness or a rash that does not disappear.
Your experience an outbreak of a herpetic lesion (cold sore)
Anything unusual occurs.
Special price for the treatment up to 10 micron depth of resurfacing.
* Legal disclaimer:
Results and duration of effect may vary, no guaranty of specific results can be given. Degree of side effects may vary, for full disclosure please read consent for the procedure before your treatment... The content on this website is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended in any way to substitute professional medical advice during an in office consultation and examination by the physician. Any photos from this web site with text “Property of Dermacare Medical PC” on them are not allowed to be copied and reprinted in any way without written permission from Dermacare Medical PC, New York, NY.
PPPlease contact our office with any questions or to schedule your
consultation with Dr. Yagudin.
Call (212) 223-2235 today! Or to make an appointment online click here